Saturday, December 22, 2007

The results are in...

I spent most of Tuesday night stressing about the following morning... in fact to distract myself I made my sister and her friend play cards until it was Wednesday morning. After a few hours sleep I woke and promptly grabbed for my Mobile which had strategically slept beside me that night. I could scarcely believe my own eyes, my heart was pounding in my ears and beads of sweat started to form across my forehead... and this was all before I had even opened the text.



Relief swept over me... despite the fact it was my results and not my uai I was still certain that I would find an Astrix staring back at me. This was, thankfully, not the case and upon examining my marks I started to feel confident that a B Ancient History at Macquarie was not as unattainable as it had seemed the previous day.



Basically, just like my friends from school, I was stressing over nothing. I was a little surprised when, the following day after several walks back and from the Internet cafe in an attempt to discover all the needed documents, I received my UAI of 84.05. Most of my marks had been higher then this and I was experiencing first hand being a victim of the bell curve. However this still should be enough to get me into my course.

But does this mark reflect the blood, sweat and tears (a lot of tears) of my schooling life. Well... no. Even if I had been freakishly smart like some of my friends and received 98-99.95 I still doubt it would encompass all the time, stress and effort that students all over NSW put into their final years.

The fulfilment f the HSC does not come from one mark dished out by the Board of Studies but by the personal knowledge that our schooling life is finished, the thirteen years of imprisonment are finished and although some of us might chose another stint in education at Uni we look forward to a completely new environment. For the first time, in my own thirteen year, I am overwhelmed by the possibilities and opportunities the next few years offer.

No comments: