Sunday, October 26, 2008

From the land of sheep and bungy jumping

Too all a warm welcome from the not so sunny shores of New Zealand and its capital Auckland. I arrived here Friday the 24th and am enjoying myself immensely, from unexpected marriage proposals of the couple sitting behind me on the flight to arriving on the weekend of the biggest scifi, anime and general nerd convention of the year and through seeing my first opera, the amazing Phantom of the Opera. Auckland has certainly not let up on surprises and enjoyment.

I shall be doing whole posts on things that deserve them such as the Armageddon Expo, which shall include many a photo of the fantastic costumes worn, and Phantom of the Opera but this shall be my general New Zealand entry and will at the very least help my dad keep track of my movements... what a scary thought.

As I did on Schoolies (Australian equivalent of Spring Break) I found myself staying with the good people of YHA (Youth Hostels Australia) which has locations all over the world. Last night I made friends with a group of people, including people from Denmark, America and Holland, it was quite a surprise as we managed to get into a political discussion and talked till two in the morning. Politics has never been a more tiring subject.

Today is my last full day in Auckland before I join my bus/cycling tour that will take me down into the South Island and all across New Zealand. I feel I really must catch up on my shopping, so till another computer presents itself... Farewell

No comments: