Wednesday, April 9, 2008

An author of the future

I have now finished my second manuscript and I must say it somewhat blows Blood Cross out of the water. At age sixteen I could not have been prouder of my accomplishment of creating the hundred and twenty long page manuscript. Now two years later I have finished my four hundred and twenty page manuscript.

'Athenium' is one of my proudest achievements ever... especially when one considers I only started it this January.

I have always been reluctant to make an 'other world' fantasy... the task of creating not only the land scape, the character's but also an entire culture is daunting and I have often preferred to write in this day and age.

But one day I drew a map.

The next day I wrote an introduction...

The day after I had finished ten pages without even blinking and was engulfed in another world of my own creation.

There are Prince's and Princess's, wizards (of sorts) and of course unsuspecting hero's, without which no fantasy story would be complete.

In fact the only thing I'm missing is a dragon... Oh well... next time.

No comments: