Friday, January 18, 2008

Comedy Gold

I love to laugh, and although I think most people find my laugh annoying it has never stopped me seeking out my own class of comedy gold. The people I can laugh at again and again.

It takes a lot for me too say a group of people are as utterly insane as my friends and myself... however we are a mere shadow of the insanity of Monty Python.

Terry Jones, John Cleese, Michael Palin, Graham Chapman, Eric Idle and Terry Gilliam... Pure Genius.

The British comedy group (plus one American animator) wore more women's clothing, slapped more fish and memorised more cheeses then any other comic I have found. Personal favourites of me and the ducktatorship are the Black Knight, dead parrot, and cheese shop sketch. There madness was inspiring and had me rolling on the floor in hysterics continuously.

I must say I have a fondness for British comedy, and another of my personal faves is the fourth season of Black Adder - while Rowan Atkinson most famous role of Mr. Bean jars with me horribly I can recognise the skill it takes for such varied forms of comedy.

The overly British George, the cunning plans of Baldrick, and the pompous arrogance of Black Adder as he surveys the madness around him never fail to amuse me...

I loved watching this season until the grand plan was finally put into action... And that would be the plan to continue with total slaughter until every body's dead except Field Marshal Haig and Lady Haig and their tortoise Alan...






There is some American humor that I love... in fact one show happens to be my absolute personal favorite... I am never not in the mood to watch the antics of this four fingered yellow family. I have seen nearly all of the four hundred episodes and can recite almost as many off by heart.

As my family will grudgingly admit... I eat, breath and live the Simpson's.








I would be a traitor to my country if I didn't mention an Australian gold... They may be young but the continued efforts of the Chasers to embarrass, shock and generally catch off guard any politician they can come by.

I had to cringe when they drove past APEC security... Or during the infamous Eulogy song...

They continue to push the boundaries of political correctness and of just plane good taste, but their biting political and social commentary is always enjoyed.
















This is just a taste and I plan to report on more of my comedy gold's but I really would prefer to go and watch them myself.

No comments: